We develop highly tailored Ecommerce websites allowing you to sell your products or services on the internet without having to work around limitations found in many off-the-shelf systems like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce etc.
Why choose us to develop your Ecommerce website?
- We DON'T use a proprietary system with additional recurring license fees.
- We DO use an open source platform that can be extended to do precisely what you want.
- You are NOT locked into a proprietary ecosystem, there are no limits on functionality.
What are the most important features of a good Ecommerce website?
- Great user experience - make it as easy as possible for your customer to find what they want and purchase it with minimum fuss.
- Order management - make it quick and easy for you to administer and fulfil your orders.
- Payment & Security - provide payment methods that your customer is comfortable using and ensure the website is secure and protected from hackers.
There are many other factors in a good Ecommerce website, but we believe these are the main ones. We also specialise in going beyond the basics of Ecommerce and providing more complex and bespoke functionality than what is possible with off-the-shelf systems. We have developed things like product import functionality to import tens of thousands of products directly from a supplier's catalogue (as distinct from the very limited 'off the shelf' import functionality provided by most systems), custom pricing functionality to provide an instant quote feature, recurring subscription systems, digital product delivery systems and many more custom-built features.
If you would like to discuss your requirements simply get in touch and we will get back to you. Below are just some core features that we can provide in our Ecommerce systems.
You have full control over your product catalogue and using staff accounts you can log in and add new products, modify existing products or disable or delete products as necessary. Adding products is quick and easy using the intuitive content editor which has a Microsoft Word style feel. We can set up your product content type to include multiple images, videos or any other multimedia features. Your products can also have other custom fields containing whatever data you wish, everything is totally customisable!
We can develop a fully flexible access rights system where members of staff who log into your website to do different things can have different levels of access. For example you may want to limit a full administrator account to a technical person (or just leave all of that to us), you may want to have someone who can process orders but cant edit any products or content, and you may want someone who can edit things but cant see orders etc. Anything is possible and we can set it all up to cater to your specific needs.
Credit & Debit Card Payments
Your website can accept card payments using a Stripe merchant account. Millions of businesses of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises—use Stripe’s software and APIs to accept payments, send payouts, and manage their businesses online. 1.4% + 20p for European cards 2.9% + 20p for non-European cards. Everything you need to manage payments. Get hundreds of feature updates each year. No setup fees, monthly fees, or hidden fees.
Flexible Shipping Rates
Generally there are 3 main things to consider when developing your shipping options:
- Product size and weight: What’s the difference in size and weight from your smallest, lightest SKUs to your largest, heaviest SKUs?
- Shipping destinations: Where are you shipping to - domestic or international?
- Shipping options: What are the best shipping services or carriers for your unique needs?
We can provide completely customised shipping options using 'rules' that we can define based on your needs. If you have a question about this please be sure to get in touch with us.
Discounts & Promotions
We can build powerful pricing options that store administrators can leverage to the extent of their store needs. Store admins can create very clever and complex pricing scenarios to entice customers and increase sales. Discounts and promotions are based on the following:
- Promotion - a pricing strategy to increase/boost customer sales. It can include product-based discounts or discounts on the entire order. An unlimited number of promotions can be added and will be applied based on the weight that you give each promotion. Promotions with a lower weight will be applied first.
- Offer - the actual discount that customers will receive. For example, a "10%" discount.
- Condition - the requirements that need to be met for the promotion to apply. For example, the offer will only apply if the order total is greater than "£100".
- Compatibility - if the promotion can be combined with other promotions.
- Coupon - a promotion that will only apply if the customer adds a matching voucher code during checkout.
If you have hundreds or thousands of products then you probably don't want to create them manually. We can develop custom importers that can read your product data from XML or CSV files that many suppliers can provide, or you may have exported files from another e-commerce system - we can use these to automatically import your products. We can also write advanced HTTP web scrapers that can import product data from a web page, and periodically update the data.
Recurring Payments & Subscriptions
We can provide the following recurring payments features:
- Configurable billing intervals (charge every N days/weeks/months/years)
- Fixed and rolling interval types (charge on the 1st of the month VS 1 month from the subscription date)
- Prepaid and postpaid billing types (charge at the beginning or at the end of the billing period)
- Prorating (adjusting the charged price based on the duration of its usage)
- Configurable retries (for payment soft/hard declines)
- Free trials
Full set of ecommerce features
Credit/debit card and Paypal
Functionality built to your requirements